While I’m now a Sleep & Well-being Coach who helps stressed-out, busy professionals reclaim their sleep, energy, & enthusiasm for life, I never thought I’d be doing this.
Between 1994-2013 I worked in Dilbert-like settings. I was a web developer in the early days of the Internet, then a technical writer helping people try to understand it. Eventually I used my M.S. in Human Factors from Bentley University to arrive as a user experience design manager & director.
Here I experienced burnout before it was a clinical diagnosis. Bouts of lifelong insomnia got worse. Anxious, stressed & overwhelmed, I fell into a dark depression. Binge-eating became a compulsion & I couldn’t stop, though I desperately wanted to. Just as I was healing from these experiences, I suffered from severe physical pain with no apparent cause! Two years after medical appointments became my new full-time job, I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease.
The help I received from traditional modalities was adequate. But it always lacked permanence.
Yoga was my foundation; wellness coaching, a natural complement.
It was through an atypical combination of trainings that I discovered it was possible to sleep, heal, & feel “human” once again.
My credentials include:
Now I specialize in sleep because I believe it’s the foundation of a healthy & vibrant life.
When you’re exhausted, it becomes really hard to exercise, eat healthfully, lose weight, focus & be productive, care for others, etc. Eventually, you may burnout, or a health crisis might completely stop you in your tracks.
I also believe that most current treatments for our culture’s ongoing battle with sleep are missing the mark; sometimes even doing more harm than good.
Both are natural, holistic, & never prescriptive: they meet you where you’re at & move you forward in a sustainable way.BOOK YOUR FREE CLARITY CALL
I didn’t grow up here, but Boston is my home. I’ve been a competitive West Coast Swing dancer and an ESL teacher. I’m a cat person who grew up with Doctor Who. I’ve become a foodie.
I combine my education, training, & years of experience to help busy people like you navigate the delicate balance between high productivity, quality sleep, & optimal energy.BOOK YOUR CLARITY CALL
* The Yoga Therapy components of my instruction are based on this training, and are not derived from my status as an E-RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Health & Wellness Coaching Certifications
*National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
* Health & Well-being Coach (CHWC) – WellCoaches
* Personal Coach (CPC) – WellCoaches
* Sleep Science Coach (CSSC) – Spencer Institute (Coaching division of the National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA))
* Mind-body Eating / Eating Psychology Coach – Institute for the Psychology of Eating (Colorado Department of Higher Education – Division of Private Occupational Schools)
Therapeutic Yoga & Meditation Credentials
* 500-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher w/ specialization in Yoga as Therapy* – YogaYoga (an IAYT-recognized program)
* 200-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher @ Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
* Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) – Yoga Alliance
Formal Education & Corporate Background
* Former User Experience Design Manager / Director @ Boston-area software companies including Mathworks, BEA Systems (now Oracle), & Streambase (now Tibco)
* M.S. in Human Factors in Information Design, Bentley University; B.S. Computer Science / Technical Writing
* Frontiers of Trauma Treatment – with Bessel Van der Kolk
* Usui Reiki Master & Teacher
* Adult First Aid / CPR / AED