While I’m now a Sleep & Well-being Coach who helps stressed-out, busy professionals reclaim their sleep, energy, & enthusiasm for life, I never thought I’d be doing this.
Between 1994-2013 I worked in Dilbert-like settings. I was a web developer in the early days of the Internet, then a technical writer helping people try to understand it. Eventually I used my M.S. in Human Factors from Bentley University to arrive as a user experience design manager & director.
Here I experienced burnout before it was a clinical diagnosis. Bouts of lifelong insomnia got worse. Anxious, stressed & overwhelmed, I fell into a dark depression. Binge-eating became a compulsion & I couldn’t stop, though I desperately wanted to. Just as I was healing from these experiences, I suffered from severe physical pain with no apparent cause! Two years after medical appointments became my new full-time job, I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease.
The help I received from traditional modalities was adequate. But it always lacked permanence.
Now I specialize in sleep because I believe it’s the foundation of a healthy & vibrant life.
When you’re exhausted, it becomes really hard to exercise, eat healthfully, lose weight, focus & be productive, care for others, etc. Eventually, you may burnout, or a health crisis might completely stop you in your tracks.
I also believe that most current treatments for our culture’s ongoing battle with sleep are missing the mark; sometimes even doing more harm than good.
My sleep & well-being coaching programs work because I skillfully apply techniques from both wellness coaching & Yoga Therapy.*
Both are natural, holistic, & never prescriptive: they meet you where you’re at & move you forward in a sustainable way.BOOK YOUR FREE CLARITY CALL
Getting refreshing sleep is only difficult when you aren’t seeing all the little things happening on a daily basis that affect it.
My role as your coach is to help you make those connections.
It’s also to help you make mindful choices by staying connected to what it is you deeply want.
That could be advancing in your career, starting or growing a business, patiently helping others, being a great parent, excelling in a personal hobby, or even saving the planet!
My desire for you is that you release the struggle & surrender to more consistently refreshing sleep.
And this is totally possible, even if you’ve struggled for years (like I did).
I’d love to help you sleep better, stress less, & live your most vibrant life!BOOK YOUR CLARITY CALL
I enjoy writing so much that in addition to my Busy Person’s Guide to Better Sleep blog, I’ve been featured in:
I didn’t grow up here, but Boston is my home. I’ve been a competitive West Coast Swing dancer and an ESL teacher. I’m a cat person who grew up with Doctor Who. I’ve become a foodie.
During hockey season you might hear me screaming at (or Tweeting about) the Boston Bruins.
In the summer you might find me on a beach with a good book (or on my patio trying to write one). In addition to yoga, I enjoy Barre classes, neighborhood walks, and kayaking on the Charles.
International travel has intentionally been a big part of my journey: I’ve been to 20 countries (so far–I hope to visit Thailand or Australia next)!
I combine my education, training, & years of experience to help busy people like you navigate the delicate balance between high productivity, quality sleep, & optimal energy.BOOK YOUR CLARITY CALL
* The Yoga Therapy components of my instruction are based on this training, and are not derived from my status as an E-RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Health & Wellness Coaching Certifications
*National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
* Health & Well-being Coach (CHWC) – WellCoaches
* Personal Coach (CPC) – WellCoaches
* Sleep Science Coach (CSSC) – Spencer Institute (Coaching division of the National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA))
* Mind-body Eating / Eating Psychology Coach – Institute for the Psychology of Eating (Colorado Department of Higher Education – Division of Private Occupational Schools)
Therapeutic Yoga & Meditation Credentials
* 500-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher w/ specialization in Yoga as Therapy* – YogaYoga (an IAYT-recognized program)
* 200-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher @ Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
* Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) – Yoga Alliance
Formal Education & Corporate Background
* Former User Experience Design Manager / Director @ Boston-area software companies including Mathworks, BEA Systems (now Oracle), & Streambase (now Tibco)
* M.S. in Human Factors in Information Design, Bentley University; B.S. Computer Science / Technical Writing
* Frontiers of Trauma Treatment – with Bessel Van der Kolk
* Usui Reiki Master & Teacher
* Adult First Aid / CPR / AED