How did I become a Sleep Wellness Coach?
In 1998 I was emersed in the high-tech, cubicle-dwelling, software startup dance. I began exploring meditation as a way to offset the stress. I also added power yoga to my fitness routine as a way to cope with the sedentariness of my work.
Thirteen years later, my influential position was negatively affecting my health. I could not figure out how to take care of myself properly. I decided to get serious about what yoga could do for me, and completed my first teacher training.
That decision was a dramatic fork in my road.
I experienced what it was like to feel alert, yet relaxed & calm. I felt the impact of a restful night’s sleep. I liked this version of me a LOT better (and so did my friends & family!).
“I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.” –Robert Frost
* 500-hour Advanced Teacher Training: Yoga Therapy in Practice @ Yoga Yoga, Austin TX, 2015*
* 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training @ Kripalu Center, Lenox MA, 2012
* Recognized as an E-RYT (Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher) @ Yoga Alliance
Wellness Coaching & Healing
* Mind-body Eating Coach @
Institute for the Psychology of Eating, Boulder CO, 2014
* Usui Reiki Master / Teacher @ Reiki for People & Pets, Waltham MA, 2013
* User Experience Design Manager / Director @ Boston-area software companies including The Mathworks, BEA Systems (now Oracle), & Streambase (now Tibco)
* M.S. in Human Factors in Information Design, Bentley University; B.S. Computer Science / Technical Writing
Personally . . .
I love Boston. I’ve been a competitive West Coast Swing dancer and an ESL teacher.
I’m a cat person who grew up with Doctor Who.
You might see me screaming at the TV over Bruins hockey for a good part of the year.
In addition to Yoga I enjoy Tai Chi, walking, kayaking, reading & writing, high-quality food & drink.
I’ve been to 20 countries (so far)!