It’s an Ayurvedic recipe that is soothing for most people.
I like to have it as a way to transition from work to rest/relaxation, which is a requirement for sleeping well.
I made this tea last night and slept wonderfully! –R.G.
The quick version of the recipe relies on a mug with a built-in infuser/strainer:
- Boil some water in a kettle or on the stove.
- While the water is boiling, place the following ingredients into the infuser:
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (can reduce to 1/2 if taste is undesirable)
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- Carefully pour boiling water into the mug and cover. Let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the top and the strainer, and savor the flavor!
- If you make this a lot, buy your seeds at a local Indian grocery and save!
- You can dry roast the seeds in a shallow pan until fragrant before adding them.
- If you find the taste too unusual, some folks like to add a little honey.