Austin, TX, October 27, 2015: Kali Patrick of A Journey Into Health announced today that she has successfully completed Module 1 of locally-owned “Yoga Yoga’s” Yoga Therapy Training Program, which is an IAYT accredited program. According to the Yoga Yoga web site, this “Yoga Therapy in Practice” module includes “… applied practice and hands-on workshops in:
- Mobilizing the spine to relieve chronic issues such as lower back pain, shoulder impingement & neck injuries
- Holistically addressing sports injuries, headaches, insomnia, anxiety &depression
- Addressing imbalances of the endocrine system such as diabetes & thyroid disorder
- Building mobility & strength to relieve arthritis & osteoporosis
- Adjusting practices for digestive conditions such as IBS & GERD
- Understanding the benefits and side-effects of common medications
- Supporting clients experiencing PTSD & addiction
- Calming the body & mind through stress reduction techniques, lifestyle changes, Ayurveda [an Eastern, holistic system of medicine] & functional pranayama [breathing techniques]
- Effectively communicating with students in individual & group settings
- Assessing complex conditions using advanced intake & teaching methods
- Adapting & modifying for students in gentle practices, including chair yoga, yoga for seniors, restorative yoga & deep relaxation”
Additionally this training serves as a completion of Kali’s 500-hour Hatha Yoga certification; by reaching an additional milestone–reaching 1000+ hours of teaching group yoga classes–she has also officially earned Yoga Alliance’s E-RYT® designation*.
*The yoga therapy components of my instruction are based on this training, and are not derived from my status as an RYT/E-RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.