The other day, my partner made some tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes. I lamented that we had no gluten free pasta for me to try it with, and the next day I had an idea.
- 1 box Daiya Deluxe White Cheddar Style Veggie Mac and Cheese
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1c tomato sauce (in this case, homemade but store-bought would work too)
- 1 fillet sea bass or other white fish (2 if you’re cooking for more than one)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (I used White Truffle oil from Con’Olio)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start a pot of (optionally salted) water boiling.
- Wash and slice cauliflower into small pieces and place into a bowl. Mix in packet of white-cheddar sauce from Daiya box, with appropriate S&P.
- Spread saucy cauliflower onto baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven.
- When water reaches boiling, add pasta from Daiya box.
- Meanwhile….heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the raw fish to taste, then saute skin-side down until the fish is cooked mostly through.
- When the cauliflower is tender, switch to a high broil and leave in until tops of florets are slightly browned (5-7 mins). When the pasta is ready, drain and mix in the tomato sauce. Flip the fish briefly to brown the top!
- Plate the fish, cauliflower, and pasta, and enjoy!
Leftover tips: Consider adding some ground meat (turkey or beef) to the leftover pasta (there are at least 3 servings, I usually get at least 4 out of the box); use leftover cheesy cauliflower as a side-dish for another main or just as a snack!