You know the people who work for you and with you are your company’s greatest asset. What if these people were:
- happier and more relaxed?
- more creative and interested in exploring different solutions?
- more aware and focused on what they were doing?
- getting more oxygen to their brains?
- more patient with one another, with customers, or with partners and vendors?
- in less chronic pain? less stressed?
- more alert and awake, throughout the entire work day?
- more open to having different experiences?
- more productive, more innovative?
- more resilient, calm, and clear-headed in challenging situations?
How might that change your workplace? How might such changes in your employees change your company’s position in the marketplace?
What would it cost?
That depends. Because I don’t offer cookie cutter fitness programs that are part of most benefit packages, we’ll have an introductory conversation where I’ll learn as much as I can about what it is you and your employees do, where and how your employees work, what their stressors are, where they’re hurting (body, mind, and/or spirit). And if you don’t know, I’ll help you find out! We’ll discuss your needs (business, budget, AND health-related) and outline some requirements for an innovative a wellness program. We’ll discuss goals to set and measure, time-frames in which to measure them, location, frequency, etc. Then, I’ll submit a proposal that will blend all that into a recommendation that will help your people function at their optimal physical, mental, and emotional levels. If that sounds like a plan, contact me and we’ll get to work.
What can I do for your employees and your company?
Here are some examples for you to ponder, but don’t limit yourself in any way by this:
- Research into top health and wellness concerns of employees, with presentation or report out
- Weekly 45-60 minute yoga class (6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks)
- Weekly 30-min in-person or virtually-led meditation session (Friday afternoons are ideal for this!)
- One-time Lunch & Learn (45-60 mins) on a health-related topic like: getting a refreshing night’s sleep, reducing stress eating
- One-time workshop on handling anxiety / depression naturally
- 30-minute Eating Psychology Coaching sessions for employees (complete time block=2-4 hours, depending on sign ups)
- 30-60 minute stress-relieving Reiki sessions (similar time block as previous)
- Education about multiple meditation techniques to find the one that’s right (i.e. do-ale) for each person
- One-time lunch & learn (45-60 mins) about breathing techniques to increase energy and/or reduce stress
- How self-care practices can improve business conversations and interactions, including a talk entitled “Influence Your Body, Influence Others: Body Language for Leaders”
- Your unique combination of these (or other activities) here!
What do I know about business?
I worked in a fast-paced, high-tech corporate environment for 16 years. I know what it’s like to be in a cube or office, sitting (or standing) in front of a computer all day. I’ve also been a manager who sat in stressful, politically-charged meetings and one-on-one’s at all times of the day, including what might have been my lunch break (if I only had the time)! I know what it’s like to be double-booked all day and then still have work to do, and what it’s like to give large, important presentations that can make or break a career. As much as we might love our jobs, they can be a significant source of stress that takes its toll on us physically, mentally, and emotionally.
“No time” for self-care often leads to burn out. I’ve seen it happen, seen people leave, seen people fall ill. I’ve seen it impact the company’s bottom line. I was passionate about my work in the software industry, and I’m equally (if not more) passionate about health and wellness.