- Have your New Year’s Resolutions fallen by the wayside weeks ago?
- Do you spend more time struggling with your body than living your life?
- Are you sick and tired of counting calories, weighing yourself, measuring your food, and being told what you can and cannot eat?
- Do you start sabotaging yourself just as soon as you start to make progress toward your goals?
Join Kali on a fascinating journey into the rational reasons for our seemingly irrational eating habits. In this interactive workshop, you’ll bring your biggest challenge around emotional eating, weight loss/metabolism, body image, or digestion, and leave with:
- knowledge of how stress / relaxation, pleasure, thoughts / feelings and long-held beliefs impact your nutritional metabolism and health
- a more compassionate, yogic way to approach your relationship with your body (hint: it doesn’t involve attacking problems with willpower!)
- discoveries about how your ever-changing relationship with food presents a unique opportunity for you to grow and evolve into the very best version of yourself
- a variety of simple, yoga-based strategies that will help you make real, lasting changes—possibly without changing anything about WHAT you eat!
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of fitness and ability. Prior knowledge of yoga is not a prerequisite. If you have a mat though, please bring it. There will be some movement at the end.
|March 7, 2015 from 2:00-4:00 pm||Casa de Luz, 1701 Toomey Road, Austin, TX 78704 (Serena Room)||$25 (pre-registered at least 24 hours in advance), $30 (at the door)||Contact me to reserve your space or
Help, I Can’t Relax! 5 Days, 5 Ways to Unwind
If so, sign up for my new “5 days, 5 ways to Unwind” program by requesting to be added to the Facebook group.
Then each day from Monday February 9 until Friday February 13, 2015, you’ll see information about a different relaxation technique you can experiment with to bring more balance and self-care into your life. These techniques are specifically designed for overwhelmed, stressed, overworked, super busy folks like you who want to incorporate a little more restoration and rejuvenation into your days without having to spend a lot of time at it.
This is a FREE offering from A Journey Into Health. (And it’s no coincidence that this self-care program is being offered the week before Valentine’s Day because after all, we need to love ourselves too!)
Note: One lucky local (Austin/Round Rock) participant will win a free 30-minute sample Reiki session. One lucky remote participant will win a different prize (of course in keeping with the theme)! The only requirement to be eligible for a prize is to be ACTIVE on the page and post about your personal experience with each of the 5 techniques over the 5 days.
30 Days to a Happier & Healthier You!
Community to support your own unique, 30-day practice of encouraging a new habit, softening an existing one (or both!), with the intention of becoming a healthier and happier you! Join us to see what this “practice” is all about! You can start at any time, and work on anything you like. We’ll encourage you and keep you accountable!
“6 Weeks to Relaxation” Series
Interested in releasing stress by relaxing more, but don’t know where to start? Join Kali for this 6 week series that will teach you how to cultivate the relaxation response to improve your overall health & wellness. Each week you’ll:
- Learn a new relaxation technique
- Discover how stress & relaxation impacts your mind, body, & spirit
- Explore ways to integrate relaxation techniques into your busy life
- Overcome challenges by talking with people just like you
This is a series can be offered locally or virtually. Stay tuned for the next one, or send me a request!
“Mind-Body Nutrition for Busy People” Workshop
Explore 5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Relationship with Food & Your Body
Kali will lead you through an informative journey into 5 new, practical, & time-saving approaches to help you improve your eating habits, reduce your stress, make peace with your body, and become more of the person you were truly meant to be! In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn:
- The physiological effects of stress on metabolism & calorie burning
- How to naturally modulate your appetite through eating rhythm
- The profound impact of the cephalic phase digestive response
- Ways to overcome toxic beliefs about food & body that limit weight loss potential
- Mind-body techniques for overcoming body image challenges
This is a 2-3 hour interactive workshop that can be offered locally or virtually. Stay tuned for the next one, or send me a request!
“Introduction to Ayurveda” Workshop
Ayurveda, also known as the “science of life and longevity,” is a holistic system of medicine that originated in India several thousands of years ago. A compliment to any practice of yoga as well as to traditional medicine, Ayurveda provides ancient yet practical wisdom for living a less effortful life by living in harmony with nature, and helps restore balance to all the body’s systems.
In this interactive workshop, you will identify your Ayurvedic constitution (called a “dosha”) and learn how to:
- feel more consistent energy throughout your day
- sleep better at night
- improve your diet
- exercise more efficiently and effectively
- feel more grounded and stable
- strengthen your immune system
- and more!,
This is a 2-hour workshop that can optionally be followed by a 1-hour yoga class (same day or future follow up) to support students of every dosha. Stay tuned for the next one, or send me a request!
Reiki Open House
Download Flyer | Watch a video (1 min)
Explore a 15-minute sample energy healing to release physical, mental, & emotional blockages.
FREE, though donations are appreciated. Stay tuned for the next one, or send me a request!